Sunday, May 24, 2015

Lessons Learned



"This is How We Learn" from my first photo shoot!



I am only 22 now, yet I feel as if I have had a lifetime worth of experiences. Some experiences are good and I learn new things about myself from them, but with the bad ones I hope to at least learn how to avoid such horrid things from happening again. I try to see the good in everything, but there is a difference between being positive and being naive. I can be very naive sometimes because I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, though, now I know that there is line I do not wish to cross again. I was very naive when I entered into the BDSM lifestyle with my ex-boyfriend/Master. I was so eager to find where I belonged that I ignored the red flags everywhere. Looking back on that, I am happy with where my life is now because of having gone through that experience. I learned to trust my gut and to take my time getting to know the people I surround myself with.

Whether I am getting to know a friend or a lover, I should take things slow and not rush into anything just to get to the end result. I tend to look for the best in everyone, and there is always something to like about a person, but that doesn't mean that those people are meant to be in my life or that they are good for me in general.

There was  a saying that I heard once, it went "people come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime." I am now a firm believer that this is true, you are destined to encounter certain people in your lifetime, but that doesn't mean that they are meant to stay in your life forever. Emma was a great a friend and was there for me when I needed it, but she was only in my life temporarily. It sucks, but some people aren't in your life long. You just have to enjoy it while you can and then think back on all the great memories. As for Master, he was in my life for the reason of making me believe in myself and not depend on anyone else to provide for me what I can do for myself. It doesn't mean that I am not a submissive, after our relationship ended I still looked for that in a relationship and found one that completed me in a way that I didn't even think was possible.

All I can say is that there is a light at the end of every journey, you just have to wait until you are at the end of one path before you can really appreciate it.

Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment